Saturday, October 1, 2011

the great (or maybe terrible) idea, starts now!

so this is how my dad's story starts...


Tonight, Tonight, Tonight,” I keep whispering to myself.  I shiver as goose bumps pinprick across my arms.  It has been a long day of waiting.  Act normally, speak normally, do all the normal things that normal people do.

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

“At midnight,” he had said.  Large man snuck up on me in the playground after school.  Could not see his face because his collar was up and he had a huge cowboy hat on that made his face one big shadow.  None of the other kids saw.  His voice screeched and startled me when he snuck up.  “I know what you are and I know what you have been doing,” he whispered in a sickly, scratchy voice.

How could he know?

I stared at the ground, but I could feel his shadowy faced glaring at me.  He continued to whisper, his sour breath making me almost gag, “Did you think you were the only one?  Hmm?”  He had grabbed my face with his two skeletal thin hands.  His fingers were so hot on my cheeks.  “Tonight,” he said.  “Tonight meet me right here.  In this very spot.  At midnight. “  He brought his face even closer to mine.  I could almost feel his lips touching my cheek as he whispered “Unless you are too scared, of course…”

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

So here I am.  Mom and Dad putting me to bed at 9pm as usual for a Friday night.  Brush teeth, pajamas, kiss goodnight, I do the whole thing as a normal boy would.  Should I try to sleep?  Does not matter, I am too nervous to sleep.  In the dark, with my head under the blankets, I think to myself, How could he know?  I thought I was careful, but did I do something in public?  And then my jaw clenched and my stomach did a somersault as I thought, Is someone watching me right now?

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

1130pm.  So carefully and so silently, I open my window and crawl outside.  Everything is so different at night.  Quiet, yet not perfectly quiet.  Dark yet not perfectly dark.  Safe, yet not perfectly safe.  I can feel eyes watching me through the thick night.  I make my way to the playground and at first it is quiet.  Yet, it is not perfectly quiet.  I hear something.  Then I think I see something.
 
i'm going to make chapter 2 now and maybe post it tomorrow. BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT A.O.P!

No comments:

Post a Comment

where was sef's old posts? search here!